Let the buyer beware! Several Georgia State students have reported paying for a CPR class and finding out too late that it was not American Heart! Some students were told in advance that the course was “just like American Heart Association.” Others were told it was American Heart Association, but they could not get an American Heart Association card. Others have been told that “it’s not American Heart, but it’s just as good/better.” You must have a current (within one year) American Heart Association card for the healthcare providers course in order to participate in clinicals. Very few agencies will accept anything else, and that is why all nursing students at Georgia State must keep this current. AHA CPR for Healthcare Providers is required yearly. Here are some places you can take the course:
- Vonya Turry, private AHA instructor. Call 770-664-6393 for info.
- Deborah L. Ruby & Associates offer classes in many Atlanta area locations. Or, get together your own group of eight people or more, and they will come to you! Call 770-267-2654 for available dates and locations.
- Pegasus A*B*C*D. Call Bolynthia Singleton at 404-274-7314 or e-mail email@example.com for information.
- HealthNet Resources, Inc. in Decatur / Avondale Estates offers healthcare provider classes twice a month, 9:00am – 4:00pm. Others times may be available, and they can schedule a course for groups of 10 or more. Ask for the student discount. Call 404-284-0555.
- Sanhat Ltd., teaches CPR in Conyers. Call 770-785-7787 for information.
- Atlanta Area Technical School has classes less than four miles south of Georgia State off of I-75. Call the Continuing Education department at 404-756-3814 or dates and directions.
- Most hospitals have a community education department; call the one nearest you. Upon completion of a CPR program you will need an official AHA card. Do not accept a certificate, letter, or anything other than an official card.
- Jim Ingerson, BLS instructor with ABCDs of CPR, Inc. Visit the website at http://www.abcdsofcpr.com/ for more information. Call 770-356-9697 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in scheduling a class.
- Vanessa Knox, AHA Certified Instructor, (678) 368-3106, email@example.com