Doctor of Nursing Practice
|FALL 2018 APPLICATION ANNOUNCEMENT:
Deadline for the Doctor of Nursing Practice have been extended to Tuesday, May 15th. To get started just click the “Apply” button below
DNP Program Overivew
Our Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program is a practice focused doctoral degree which prepares nurses to advance nursing practice, participate in organizational and systems leadership, and translate evidence into practice.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program:
- Enables graduates to utilize and integrate evidence-based practice, translate research, and implement quality improvement initiatives to promote positive patient outcomes;
- Prepares nurse leaders to translate current scientific knowledge for increasingly complex practice and collaboration with interprofessional teams;
- Develops nurse leaders who are innovative and employ advanced levels of clinical judgment to improve population and health outcomes
- Produces graduates who can demonstrate knowledge and skills of leading edge technology
- Creates nurse leaders with expertise in critical analysis of policy and advocacy
- Our DNP program is a hybrid program offering face to face and online content.
- Face to face content is held at the beginning of each semester for 1-2 full days in an intensives format.
- The remainder of the semester content is delivered online in synchronous and asynchronous sessions.
The DNP Progam is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.