BSN to PhD Degree Track
|Good News! Applications are now available.
Just click the “Apply” button below to get started.
Are you a practicing nurse who is interested in pursuing a career advancement in to nursing research?
This program provides a more direct route to educate nursing researchers. Only 4 percent of all nursing schools in the country offer this entry level to doctoral education, which is designed to attract the top, most highly motivated nurses who want to pursue a career in healthcare research. Nurses who complete the BS-PhD program are on the fast-track for developing the science of nursing, improving patient care and influencing health policy.
GSU’s BSN to PhD with a major in nursing:
- Is a 98 credit hour degree, which combines core coursework from the master’s and doctoral programs
- Has interdisciplinary research development opportunities with seven areas of concentration
- Curriculum includes seven core masters courses and 16 core doctoral courses
- Is designed to be completed in four years
(Fourth year is dissertation work)
Fall Application Deadlines:
Talk to an Adviser
Office of Academic Assistance
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
811 Urban Life Building
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone Number: (404) 413- 1000
- Minimum GRE score of 1000, quantitative – 144, verbal -153
- Minimum GPA 3.0*
- Current RN licensure in Georgia required
- Two copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities
- Two page position statement on current social or health issue must be provided
- Goal and research intent must be provided
- Three reference letters
- CV or resume
- TOEFL scores and international transcripts must be provided if international student