Application and Requirements
“GSU Freshman only” Traditional:
*only for students who are classified as native 1st OR 2nd semester freshman at GSU, please consult with your academic advisor before applying*
- Fall Admission: May 7th
- Spring Admission: October 1st
- Fall Admission: Feb 15th
- Spring Admission: October 1st
- Summer Admission: April 15th
Our system is designed to time out after 1-hour, so please be prepared to complete the application once beginning the process. It will not allow you to start another application until after 24 hours upon timing out. Therefore, it is your responsibility to adequately prepare when completing the application. You cannot complete any entry after 5:00 pm on the application deadline date. The system shuts down promptly at 5:00 pm.
- Do not attempt to send application material to our general email mailbox because it won’t be accepted. It is unfair to those complying with the directions and submitting applications before the deadline.
- Do not call requesting special permission to submit after the application deadline date or time. It is your responsibility to ensure you start the process in time to complete the application.
- Do not call requesting extension for recommender to submit recommendations. It is your responsibility to follow up and ensure they submit before the deadline.
Problem with submitting an online application, please contact the Office of Academic Assistance – Admission at 404-413-1000. We may be reached, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am until 5:00 pm. However, this does not include late submissions or same day application submission of application deadline.
Ensure all supplemental forms are included before submitting. You will receive an email notification confirming your application was successfully submitted online.
Our office will not accept separate parts of the application or recommendations that are mailed or delivered in person, for the ACE, Traditional, Transfer or RN to BS professional undergraduate nursing application. They must be submitted online before the application deadline date and time.
|Create an Online Application|
|GSU Freshman Application – Online|
|Traditional/ACE Application – Online|
|Transfer Application – Online|
|RN to BS Application – Online|
Short Answers (Traditional/ACE Applicants Only)
Short Answers (Traditional/ACE Applicants Only) are completed during the online application process but you may review to prepare and submit. Please prepare Volunteer Verification Form and courses taken before beginning the online application process. The questions include completion of up to three additional forms to be attached during the online application process: Volunteer Verification Form, GSU Freshman Traditional Checklist, Traditional Courses Taken, and ACE Courses Taken. Please complete and save each document in Adobe PDF format before beginning the application process. Forms must be added to online application when applying.
Discuss your position on a healthcare or social issue in a two-page, double-spaced, typed essay. Attached to the appropriate section in your online application. Include your full name on the first page of the document and add a work cited page. Do not include cover page or graphics.
The RN to BS nursing application does not require an essay but requires a resume instead.
Two Letters of Recommendation
Please allow your recommender ample time to submit your recommendation before application deadline.
Contact the recommender before the application deadline if you have not received an email confirming a submission of recommendation. You should receive two separate notifications for each recommendation submitted. The student is responsible for following up with the recommender to ensure each recommendation is received.
A previous recommendation may be used for an application update.
Do not jeopardize your application by submitting recommendation yourself. Provide the following to recommender so they may submit recommendation letter.
- Georgia State Panther ID Number
- Program you are applying
- RN to BS (Part-time or full-time)
- Traditional, ACE or both
- Term you are applying
- Your email address
- Communicate to recommender the letter of recommendation format and directions for submitting recommendation online.
- Let them know the deadline and the importance of submitting on time with the correct formats. Not using the correct formats and following directions may cost point reduction.
- Each letter of recommendation submitted must be on an official letterhead providing complete address of company or affiliated organization.
- One letter must be academic (preferable college level); the other may be academic or professional.
- Letters must include full name, title/position, telephone number and organization affiliated.
- Each letter should be signed with an authentic recommender’s handwritten signature or electronic digital signature, dated and in the appropriate letter format. No computer signatures will be accepted unless using software to allow a digital signature.
- All academic references must be placed on letterhead to avoid reduction in application points.
- You may contact student to let them know the recommendation was submitted as a courtesy.
Those applying for RN to BS must submit all recommendations by April 15.
Online recommendations must be submitted through the recommender’s email address. Your recommendation letters will be disqualified and no points received if not submitted by recommender’s email.
Any attempt to circumvent the process is considered a violation as referred to in the GSU Code of Conduct and Administrative Policy Prohibited General Conduct. The following types of behavior constitute violation of the Georgia State University Student code of Conduct. Any student who is found responsible for any of the following misconduct is subject to disciplinary sanctions outline.Submit GSU Freshman Recommendations Submit Traditional/ACE/Transfer Recommendations Submit RN to BS Recommendations
The Test Essential Academic Skills-TEAS
The Test Essential Academic Skills-TEAS must be taken as part of your application. Students must create an online profile with atitesting.com to register for the TEAS exam at GSU and other testing locations.
If taken at another college, TEAS scores must be submitted directly to the School of Nursing and received no later than nursing application deadline.
- Georgia State Institution Code: GA State U
Scores received after the deadline will not be considered. Your TEAS exam is only valid for 1 year.
- Minimum TEAS score accepted: 50%
- Average TEAS of accepted applicants: 85%
If you applied to the School of Nursing last semester, you may be eligible for an application update. Update forms may only be used to reactivate a complete nursing application for one additional semester. Please be aware that pre-requisites and GPA requirements may have changed from the previous semester. This form can only be used to apply to the next available semester.
Applications completed one year prior or more cannot be reactivated. A TEAS may be applied to an application update if desired. Those applicants who wish to re-take the TEAS must specify the date of the exam to be reviewed on the update form in the space provided.
The TEAS score from the previous semester will automatically be applied with no exceptions if no box is checked/no test date is written on update form.