RN to BS Option
The School of Nursing is prepared to meet these challenges by ensuring that all its students receive superior classroom and clinical experience in order to graduate highly skilled, knowledgeable nurses capable of treating and advocating for patients in a diverse, complex health care system.
Nursing students receive diverse, high-quality educational experiences that prepare them for the exciting challenges of nursing in today’s health care environment. Students learn the essentials of nursing care in the classroom and state-of-the-art simulation lab. They practice what they have learned in a wide range of facilities including hospitals, community settings and clinics as they care for patients after surgery, provide health screenings for pre-school children, administer flu vaccines to adults and care for new mothers and their babies.
This program is designed for current registered nurses who have graduated from an associate’s degree or diploma program in nursing and wish to earn a bachelor’s degree. This is a three semester, one year online program.
March 1st – Fall semester admission
Talk to an Adviser
Office of Academic Assistance
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
811 Urban Life Building
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone Number: (404) 413- 1000
- To be admitted to Georgia State University with nursing as the designated major.
- Have graduated from an NLN-accredited associate degree or diploma program.
- Hold current registration to practice as a registered professional nurse in Georgia.
- Have evidence of practice-
• 0-4 yrs after graduation– No testing required/no clinical practice required
• >4yrs after graduation 1000hrs of clinical practice hours in the previous 3yrs – No testing required
• >4yrs after graduation with < 1000hrs of clinical practice hours in previous 3 yrs. – Individualized evaluation must be done. Testing may be required.
- Have finished all of the core requirements Areas A-E prior acceptance to the nursing program
- Have a minimum grade of C or higher is required for all prerequisites
- Applicant must possess/retain a current, unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Georgia.
- Engl 1101, Engl 1102, (Composition I and II)
- Math 1101 or Math 1111 ( Math Modeling or College Algebra)
- Biol 1110K andBiol 1120K (Human Anatomy & Physiology I and II w/labs)
- Sequence of two science courses with labs from the following
- Chem 1151K andChem 1152K (Survey of Chemistry I and II w/ labs) OR
- Biol 1103K and1104K (Introductory Biology I and II w/ labs) OR
- Phys 1111K and 1112K (Introductory Physics I and II w/ labs)
- Math 1070 (Elementary Statistics)
- Psyc 1101 (General Psychology)
- Biol 2300/2310 Microbiology and Public Health with Lab
- Psyc 3140 Abnormal Psychology or its equivalent