Doctor of Nursing Practice
According to the American Association of College of Nursing (AACN) health care is becoming more complex and nurses will be required to have a higher level of scientific knowledge and demonstrate expertise in clinical practice. The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program is a practice focused doctoral degree which prepares nurses to advance nursing practice, participate in organizational and systems leadership, and translate evidence into practice.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program:
- Enable graduates to utilize and integrate evidence-based practice, translate research, and implement quality improvement initiatives to promote positive patient outcomes;
- Prepare nurse leaders to translate current scientific knowledge for increasingly complex practice and collaboration with interprofessional teams;
- Develop nurse leaders who are innovative and employ advanced levels of clinical judgment to improve population and health outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills of leading edge technology;
- Create nurse leaders with expertise in critical analysis of policy and advocacy
- The DNP program is a hybrid program offering face to face and online content.
- Face to face content is held at the beginning of each semester for 2-3 full days in an intensives format.
- The remainder of the semester content is delivered online in synchronous and asynchronous classes.
The DNP Progam is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Application Deadline: Fall February 1Curriculum Apply Now Handbook FAQs
|Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program|
|Current RN licensure in state of residency and/or practice|
|Current advance practice nurse certification for CNS, NP, CRNA and CNM applicants|
|Actively practicing as an advanced practice nurse (CNS, NP, CRNA, CNM, administration and informatics)|
|Recommended grade point average of 3.2 or above in master’s degree program|
Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner & Nursing Leadership in Healthcare Innovations – FALL ADMISSION DEADLINE ONLY
PHD, BSN-PHD Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) M.S. and Certificate Adult Health Child Health Family Health M.S. Family Psych/Mental Health
Adult Health Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner & Family Nurse Practitioner – SPRING ADMISSION DEADLINE