Doctor of Nursing Practice
|Good News! Applications are now available.
Just click the “Apply” button below to get started.
DNP Program Overivew
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program is a practice focused doctoral degree which prepares nurses to advance nursing practice, participate in organizational and systems leadership, and translate evidence into practice.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program:
- Enable graduates to utilize and integrate evidence-based practice, translate research, and implement quality improvement initiatives to promote positive patient outcomes;
- Prepare nurse leaders to translate current scientific knowledge for increasingly complex practice and collaboration with interprofessional teams;
- Develop nurse leaders who are innovative and employ advanced levels of clinical judgment to improve population and health outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills of leading edge technology;
- Create nurse leaders with expertise in critical analysis of policy and advocacy
- The DNP program is a hybrid program offering face to face and online content.
- Face to face content is held at the beginning of each semester for 2 full days in an intensives format.
- The remainder of the semester content is delivered online in synchronous and asynchronous classes.
The DNP Progam is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.